September 17, 2010

7.17.2010 Wedding ~ Fun and Fabulous in Philomath

Loni and Marcus were married back in July on the 17th. They had their reception at the amazing Philomath Scout Lodge in Philomath. Loni told me about this venue, one that has just started opening up to weddings and other events. It's an amazing space! I loved the fireplace, the high ceilings, the lobby area, everything! The pictures on their website don't do it justice - you just need to visit it!

Loni was such a sweet bride, I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed working with her! From day one, every time I saw an email from her I instantly smiled. Loni, Marcus, the wedding party, and her entire family were such a joy to work with! She was very easy going and the groom and wedding party were also fantastic! My assistants and I were constantly laughing and smiling along with everyone. The speeches from the two fathers brought tears to my eyes...they were so sweet and sentimental.

The lighting in the room, the candles, and sunset in the back window set a great mood for the reception. The cake was provided by Sweet Things Bakery, photography was from a family friend (Christy Turner), and the catering was provided by Olive Branch Catering out of Corvallis. They don't have a website, but their food is to die for. She only takes limited events, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll get you in touch with her! My mouth is seriously watering right now remembering how good the food was. She cuts every single piece of fruit herself...nothing is pre-packaged or frozen...everything is as fresh as it could possibly be and you can taste the difference!

The bride made all of the centerpieces, a very crafty DIY bride! The wedding party had a great time dancing, and I'm *hoping* to help Heather with her wedding next year (I LOVED her Love Story about how she was proposed to as well - Loni has a great group of friends)! Thank you Loni and Marcus (and Buddy and Branita) for allowing me to share in the memories! It was an honor!


No comments:

Post a Comment