February 22, 2010

Love Story: Ashly & Jake

The First Time He Said "I Love You"

"Jake and I had only been dating for a few weeks but I already knew I was head over heels in love with him. Despite how badly I wanted to express my feelings, I kept telling myself that it was way too soon to tell Jake. I convinced myself to say nothing and wait. About two and a half months into the relationship, Jake and I went to Florence for the weekend. That Saturday, as we walked around Florence antique shopping, we were teasing each other about something...and I remember saying, "that's why you like me." Much to my surprise Jake responded, "no, that's why I love you." The funny part was I responded, "good" and forgot the whole I love you part...If such a thing as time standing still really exists, it did for me that moment. From there our relationship took off I never looked back."

No comments:

Post a Comment