May 7, 2010

Love Story: Loni & Marcus

The Ring

"Marcus had come over to my apartment for dinner. Sometime during dinner he realized he was carrying the ring with him. He had just come from his grandmother's house and she had just given it to him. He wasn't ready to propose yet, so he quickly looked for a place to hide the ring. I had just moved into my apartment, so he found one of my moving boxes and put the ring in there.

Now, flash-forward a few weeks...I was looking for a cord I needed for my printer when I opened a box in my living room and found a little gray box. I picked it up and went to ask Marcus if he knew what it was. One look at his face and I knew exactly what it was, and that I wasn't supposed to see it yet. I threw the box at him and ran into the bathroom, refusing to come out until he had put the ring somewhere where I wouldn't see it. I had to wait about a month after that because he wanted to ask my Dad. I felt bad for ruining his surprise, but I was also really excited and it all eventually all worked out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment