September 21, 2012

Love Story ~ Brittany & Shane

Shane and I met June 1, 2008 through mutual friends. Both of us had the desire to gain a long lasting friendship from one another. Who knew that the sparks would fly and we would fall head over heels for each other after only a couple weeks. All it took was God's timing and three and a half years later he asks me to be his wife!

The Proposal

On February 22nd, 2012, Shane called me on the phone being very nosy and asking me where I was and what I was doing. Not knowing at that time he had just secretly arrived at my parent’s house to sit down with them and ask their permission to marry me. He was so nervous and wanted to make sure I was not going to show up while he was there and ruin his surprise.

I had just gotten home from the cycling class at the gym which I did every Wednesday night at the same time and wondered why this week he had forgotten where I was. This raised questions in my mind immediately. He is not normally like this on the phone, all nosy and such...I am the one who generally asks all the questions so I wondered what was going on tonight. I had just gotten home and started making a salad and Shane phones again and says, "I'll be there at your house in ten minutes and were going to dinner so get ready." I was shocked - he was allowing me only ten minutes to get ready? This man should know by now! It takes me way longer than that just to choose what I am going to wear, let alone shower and do my hair and makeup. Well, I threw on some jeans and a shirt and shocked him and was ready to go when he showed up. We went out had a nice dinner and had great conversation. I was a little questionable about why tonight was different from any other night we went to dinner. Normally from working all day, Shane is exhausted and somewhat a little grouchy, only because he is so hungry. But tonight was not normal. He was in a great mood and very talkative.

 After dinner, Shane wanted to make a stop at his favorite park where he likes to play disc golf. I’ve gone with him many times before to walk our dog, Lola. The sun had finally gone down and the stars were out and we drove down to the parking lot at the park. Shane parked facing the parking lot, left the headlights of the pickup to shine over the park, and he took a deep look at me - I was thinking, oh great what does he want to talk about now. He looked at me and smiled, then asked me to get out of the truck with him. I hopped out so slowly and nervously waiting as to what he was about to do. He grabbed my hand and walked me to the front of the pickup, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! By that time I was shaking with excitement but managed to get out the words, "YES!” Shane had formed a bread tie that he had gotten from my parents house just before dinner into the shape of a ring for me since he knew I wanted to pick out the ring together. It was perfect!

Photos by Kari Renee Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment