January 21, 2012

6.18.2011 ~ Pretty in Pink

This past June, D'Laura and Jon were married at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Albany. D'Laura started off the day by getting her hair and makeup done at The Retreat in Corvallis, and she looked beautiful! She found her stunning dress at Shirley's Fashions, and it couldn't have been more perfect for her! I know how important the dress was to her - and I was SO excited when she called me and told me she had found "the one." She sent me some pictures of her trying it on and I loved it! Denice of Distinctive Designs made the bouquets for all the ladies and the floral arrangements for the church - and they were stunning! I always love working with Denice - she really listens to the clients and provides the exact look they're looking for.





They kept the day traditional, waiting to see each other for the first time when she walked down the aisle. It was fun to watch the anticipation and excitement grow for the two of them - they couldn't wait for the ceremony to start so they could see each other and finally be married! Father Jack conducted a beautiful ceremony...but my favorite part? Jon sang for D'Laura and he has an AMAZING voice - it was so touching!





After the ceremony, the Maid of Honor and Best Man surprised the bride and groom with a limo to the reception! They were floored - they were NOT expecting that at all! It was sweet to see their friends pull off this surprise. The reception was held at the Alumni Center at Oregon State University. This was a great space that was a "clean slate" so you could really make it into exactly what you want. OSU Catering provided the food, and not only was it really yummy, but their staff was great to work with as well. Myriad Cake Design made the cake AND all those super cute truffles with their initials on them. I loved the unique "S" shape of the cake table - it was a great way to display all the tasty treats!





A family member put together the centerpieces, and a close friend of the groom did the DJ'ing. It was great to see D'Laura and Jon loved so much by their family and friends. The speeches were hilarious and one of my favorite pictures from the day is the one of them laughing during the Best Man's speech. Everyone had a great time at the reception and there was lots and lots of dancing! I learned that D'Laura and Jon have some serious dance moves - romantic "dip" and all.





Throughout the day Maalaea and Ian of I and M Photography were capturing all the special moments and little details. I always love getting to work with this team, and I love their photography! Although the rain was present here and there...the weather held out so they could get some great pictures of D'Laura and Jon outside of the Alumni Center. I had such a great time working with this couple and watching all of their planning come together. I've known D'Laura for a few years, and I'm SO happy for her and Jon! She couldn't have found a more perfect husband for her! Congrats again you two - and enjoy your New York adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment