August 7, 2009

Love Story: Emilie & Jaime

THE FIRST DATE:

"Jaime took me to a wonderful little Italian place called Marzini’s in Corvallis. The food was wonderful and the discussions were thoughtful, playful, witty, and smart. I pretty much fell for him there. We parted ways after dinner as I was driving home for Christmas break that night. I said I would call him over the break…but I didn’t! Some time passed and I realized, ‘yes, I really do love this Jaime kid.' I set it all straight and started dating Jaime...and it's been bliss ever since!"

THE PROPOSAL:

"Cambrae, a friend of mine who is a photographer, contacted me and asked if I would model for a friend of hers who was opening a jewelry store. I said yes (maybe I could get some free jewelry) but we had to reschedule several times (for my cousin’s wedding and because the jewelry needed to be finished for the shoot). It was a beautiful Saturday morning and both Jaime and I were up early. He had to go into work and put in several hours to finish up some lesson plans and other teacher-like stuff, and then his parents and siblings were coming to town visit. I had to drive to Portland since that’s where Cambrae’s studio is located. Jaime left the apartment before I did, I kissed him good-bye, and wished him a good day.

When I got to the studio I got ready for the photo shoot, but was ready sooner than she or I expected. I waited around while she finished up her consult with a client (who had been informed about the plot). After she was finished, Cambrae showed me an array of jewelry that had been laid out on black velvet. It was all so pretty! She talked about a couple pieces and the ‘vibe’ that her friend wanted to portray in a photo of those pieces. I picked a choker and matching earrings and we started the shoot. We took several pictures and then she said 'it’s too bad you don’t have some huge gaudy ring to flaunt with this gorgeous jewelry.' I laughed and she clicked the shutter….Then she said she wanted to take a more sophisticated, calm shot, so she asked me to turn my face away from the light and close my eyes. I followed instructions and she took a photo...then I hear someone enter the room (loudly and sort of clumsily). I’m thinking it's just her boyfriend coming to say hello. Cambrae says 'Okay, open your eyes and we’ll change jewelry.'

I open my eyes and turn and there’s Jaime on one knee asking me for my hand in marriage! I think he said something else about the rest of our lives or something like that but I didn’t hear it! I thought to myself 'is this really happening? Did he actually surprise me with this proposal? Let me pinch myself...yup he’s still here in front of me with a ring!' I was so shocked that I almost forgot to say yes! Cambrae, of course, was clicking the shutter constantly during the whole thing. After that, we called family and a couple of friends, touched up my make-up, and continued with an engagement shoot.

I am so stoked to become Mrs. Amelia Mae Servin...I will be very happy the day I can call Jaime my husband!"

Photo's by Cambrae (I think we got that part) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment