August 6, 2009

Love Story: Margaret & Charlie

HOW THEY MET:

"It was the Fireman’s Ball in Broken Bow, Nebraska and I was there by myself, because my friends had left early. Well, I was sitting there listening to the band, when they started playing Chris Ledoux "Look at you Girl." From out of nowhere he came up to me and asked me to dance, and obviously, I said yes. We danced a little more, when he told me he would be back in a couple of minutes...well he was gone longer than that and i was tired...so as charlie calls it, I "pulled a Cinderella" on him and left. A couple of months later we just randomly ran into each other and started talking and hanging out and the rest is history!"

THE PROPOSAL:

"Well, we started out that day like any other normal 4th of July. I finally got the day off, so Charlie and I went to the Dunning Jr. Rodeo. We had a great time sitting in the sun, getting a tan, and just having fun. Charlie and I were talking about how we both loved the 4th because its a Cowboy's Christmas, no snow but lots of rodeos, sun, fun, nice cool drinks, and getting to play with fire. After the rodeo we went back to Charlie’s house and we were working on cleaning it because his parents were coming to visit. Well, you know me, I hate cleaning! So after a bit I was done with that so we took a break and we sat and started watching TV. We had been watching TV for a bit when he asked me if I wanted my Christmas present. Well, me being me, I was a bit of a smart mouth and told him that if he gave me my Christmas present now, he have to get me another one at Christmas time. He said that was OK. So I was sitting on the couch with my eyes closed while he was making a lot of noise...and I’m being a smart mouth the whole time. When it finally quieted down he told me to open my eyes, which I did. I found him down on one knee and he took my hand and told me how much he loved me...then asked me if I would make him the happiest man ever to live! He opened his hand and there was a ring sitting in it. He asked me to marry him!!!!! I started crying and shook my head and at some point in time I said yes. We hugged, kissed, I cried, then we hugged and kissed some more. Then we started to call everyone!"

Photo by Amanda Myers from "Who you are photography" in Broken Bow, Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment