August 25, 2009

Love Story: Michelle & Raul

The Proposal:

Raul and I had looked at different types of rings for about a week, and he would make hints that he had looked but haven't found the "one" yet. Once hitting up a few stores we walked into one and saw the ring set I just knew was the one. He knew right away that it was the ring I wanted (small yet perfect)!

A week or so later he texted me and asked for the sku numbers from the ring, but it still didn't click. I had no clue he was buying the rings that day and asking me to marry him that night. He got off work early and went to my moms house to ask her if it was okay for him to ask me. I still had no idea! Raul came home and asked me if I had our song on my IPOD. I said I did but could not figure out why he wanted to hear it so bad (our song is 'I will be there' by Steven Curtis Chapman). I turned the song on and we just talked a little bit about everything. He pulled me close for a hug and at that time was trying to free the ring from the box. He looked at me in the eyes and asked me if his heart would be pounding that hard the day he asked me to marry him. I kinda looked at him and said 'I guess so, what are we doing a trial run!?' Raul then got down on one knee and took my hand telling me he loved me and was ready to spend the rest of his life with me. He took the ring out and put it on my finger, and almost forgot to ask me to marry him!

It was a perfect moment in our lives! Now we are less than 2 months away from our wedding date!
Photo provided by Michelle, the bride to be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment